LifeStraw® Community in Schools
- Many schools in developing countries don’t have access to safe drinking water.
- LifeStraw® Community is ideal as a safe drinking water component in school-based WASH programs.
- Four taps allow children to access water at high volumes.
- Can reduce school absenteeism by preventing children from getting waterborne disease.
- Children can be strong advocates of safe water and hygiene at home to their parents when they learn it at school.
- Availability of clean water can motivate parents to send their children to school.
LifeStraw® Community at Health Facilities
- Safe drinking water is vital in health facilities for:
- Administering medicines
- Hand washing facilities
- Safe handling and removal of feces
- Personal hygiene
- Millions of preventable infections occur every year within the health care environment because of inadequate attention to WASH.
- Patients with HIV/AIDS need water treatment that can prevent cryptosporidiosis, which has developed a resistance to chlorine.
LifeStraw® Community in Workplaces
- Many workers don’t have access to safe drinking water during work hours.
- Workers who have access to safe water can experience increased productivity by staying hydrated and remaining healthy.
- Workers with access to safe water can decrease their absences from work due to waterborne illnesses.
LifeStraw® Community in Community Dining Spaces
- Improves nutrition by preventing loss of vital nutrients due to diarrhea and water-related illness.
- Helps prevent stunted growth and malnutrition in children who are particularly vulnerable to waterborne illness.
- Helps improve the productivity of school children and workers by reducing absenteeism from sicknesses related to diarrhea and other waterborne diseases.
- Contributes to economic development of the community through increased productivity of workers and income saved from avoidance of clinic expenditures.