National Sales Manager (Key Account Manager) LifeStraw
LifeStraw is seeking a Key Account Manager to fill a new role within our small but growing team. This role is crafted for a person who is a reseller/ retail channel expert and will be the vanguard of the sales efforts in North America working to establish new retail channels or grow our existing long term partnerships. You will take our portfolio of industry leading water filtration products into the field, supported by an influential brand, iconic global health mission, and best in class marketing that can only be cultivated by that rarest breed of companies.
This position will be reporting to our Head of Retail.
• Be the person who truly wants to make an impact: remembering that every success at LifeStraw means that more school children in need gain access to safe drinking water.
• Maximize current business by regularly communicating with account buying teams, and agents/reps to determine health of current assortment. This will include advising tactical changes to help all parties working on long-term strategic growth plans, and carrying the brand’s mission forward all while building strong trust-based relationships.
• Drive the growth by discussing envisioning unique business opportunities, optimal merchandising.
• Relentlessly drive new revenue by exploring new channels, new strategies, new ways of bringing safer water to everyone. …
• Work collaboratively with Head of Retail Sales to develop and manage annual sales operating budget; work closely with operations to establish clear reporting, forecasting, and planning tools.
• Creatively grow revenue, and launch new merchandise programs with retailers and other resellers
• Participate in selling tradeshows, on site meetings, strategy sessions to further sales department goals
Channel Sales and Account Management:
• Establish new channels of distribution and placement for company’s products
• Present brand, product and program recommendations to key buyers that match their business model and objectives
• Identify opportunities and challenges within account base and create strategies to maximize sell through, profit, revenue, and market share
• Provide support to account by properly setting up contracts, agreements, and item set-up sheets
• Obtain sell thru information and accurately project account needs in conjunction with buyers and inventory planners.
• Achieve a minimum annual account growth based on expanding successes and new product introductions
• Coordinate all account needs within company to ensure 100% customer satisfaction (internal departments including marketing, accounting, operations, etc)
• Lead product and brand communication on partner’s digital properties, ensuring up-to-date information, consistency, brand fit and where applicable innovative storytelling.
• Work with resellers and internal design team on display projects, including in-store POP, custom displays, logistical needs and concerns
• Monitor in-store, online, and print merchandising of brand’s products, and competitors
• Provide periodic item and revenue forecasts to management
Rep Management – Manage channel/territory reps by periodic goals. Maintain solid relationships with all reps, and endeavor to elevate the brand as the top spot in their business and hearts.
Marketing Support – Help guide other internal and external teams in developing key products, features, and marketing assets to help further the brand and sales.
Travel - As needed to accounts and trade shows, up to 50%
• Ability to work with multiple & competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Driven by a desire for positive impact in the world
• Action Oriented - enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as
necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to status quo.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization and presentation skills.
• Confident self-starter with competitive drive, initiative, decisiveness and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions.
• Strong team player who drives results by securing the commitment and buy-in of others.
• Maintain an “everything is possible” attitude, breaking habits and challenging assumptions.
• Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Have a good sense of humor.
Education and Experience
• Solid Educational Background-undergraduate degree required; MBA, marketing or similar advanced degree highly desired.
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience, including 3 years of experience selling consumer products to major retail partners.
• In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following industries: Consumer Goods, Home and Appliance, Outdoor, Sporting Goods, Action Sports accessories.
• Highly Proficient at all MS Office Suite programs as well as experience with ERP systems.
• Excellent Data gathering, and Analytical skills.
• Willing to travel between 50 and 60 percent of the time.
• Legal right to work in the United States.
About the Company
The LifeStraw® business is a market leader in providing safe drinking water with a mission to redefine the drinking water space through quality and design. While the core competency of the LifeStraw® business is in technologies that treat water for health impact, the business differentiates itself through an organization that carries these technologies from R&D through manufacturing, sales and program implementation – ensuring that the right technology is provided to the right markets with the training and education they need (i.e. Investing fully in every aspect of the value chain).
Cause Marketing sales drive our objective to shift the responsibility to provide safe water in developing countries from governments and donors to the consumer. By harnessing the power of the consumer market and directly engaging our retail community, the cause marketing program creates a direct link between consumer purchases and a specific and measurable impact in schools that do not have access to safe drinking water- For every LifeStraw purchased, one child in a developing country will receive safe drinking water at school for an entire year.
Vestergaard has been a family-owned company for over 60 years, and operates under a unique “humanitarian entrepreneurship” business model that is dedicated to creating and deploying technologies that improve the lives of people in developing countries. We are driven by an abiding desire to lessen the burden on the most vulnerable populations and we have aligned our business objectives with the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals. Vestergaard is not content with “business as usual,” and has been at the forefront of innovation of disease prevention in the developing context. Backed by research in the lab and in the field, our disease-control products include cutting-edge PermaNet® 3.0 bed nets, ZeroVector® Durable Lining, and ZeroFly plastic sheeting; award-winning and widely used LifeStraw® and LifeStraw® Family water filters; and innovative frameworks to reach those in need, like our LifeStraw Carbon for Water campaign, and the integrated CarePack®. Thanks to our robust product portfolio, more than half a billion people in the developing world will enjoy a brighter and healthier future. Our staff design, develop, test, refine and support the distribution of these products to NGOs, aid agencies, faith-based organizations, ministries of health, and socially responsible companies. We work closely with those distributing our products to ensure that beneficiaries are satisfied; our presence in the field is a point of pride, and is essential to understanding the needs of the end users of our innovations.
Our global headquarters is in Switzerland, with regional offices in India, Kenya, the US, and Vietnam ensuring a global reach.